Softball

Syracuse picks up 3 All-ACC Honors

Jordan Phelps | Staff Photographer

Sydney O'Hara fell just short of ACC Player of the Year honors, but was named to the All-ACC First Team Thursday afternoon.

Sydney O’Hara and Alicia Hansen earned All-Atlantic Coast Conference First Team honors this Thursday, making them the first Syracuse (31-18, 10-10 ACC) players to do so since 2015.

O’Hara, a pitcher and first baseman, earned her second All-ACC nod by compiling one of the best statistical seasons in Syracuse history. The senior currently leads the nation in batting average (.480) and on-base percentage (.629), while finishing second in saves (6) and strikeouts per seven innings (12.6). O’Hara also leads the ACC in 10 statistical categories and is a top-10 finalist for USA Softball Player of the Year.

Hansen, a sophomore, earned her first nod on the All-ACC First Team. The second baseman led the Orange in runs (47) and doubles (11), while finishing second in batting average (.379) and hits (66). Syracuse did not have any players named to the All-ACC Second Team.

Alexa Romero did manage to become the first freshman in SU history to make the All-ACC Freshman Team. Romero (12-7) finished her first season ranked eighth in the ACC in ERA (2.72) and fourth in strikeouts (154). The lefty leads Syracuse in both categories.

O’Hara did not manage to take home ACC Player of the Year. That award went to Jessica Warren of Florida State. The third baseman finished the season batting .429 with 20 home runs and 63 RBIs.

Syracuse looks to keep its season alive in the ACC Quarterfinals this Thursday, May 11, as the sixth-seeded Orange takes on third-seeded North Carolina at Anderson Softball Stadium in Chapel Hill. First pitch slated for 7:30 p.m.

All-ACC First Team

Chloe Sharabba, Boston College

Jessica Dreswick, Boston College

Jessica Warren, Florida State

Jessica Burroughs, Florida State

Morgan Klaevemann, Florida State

Alex Powers, Florida State

Meghan King, Florida State

Sydney Broderick, Florida State

Tyler Ross, NC State

Brittany Pickett, North Carolina

Karley Wester, Notre Dame

Ali Wester, Notre Dame

Sydney O’Hara, Syracuse

Alicia Hansen, Syracuse

Katie Park, Virginia

All-ACC Freshman Team

Dani Morgan, Florida State

Caitlin Ferguson, Louisville

Jade Caraway, NC State

Peyton Silverman, NC State

Brittany Pickett, North Carolina

Valerie Ortega, Pittsburgh

Alexa Romero, Syracuse

Carre Eberle, Virginia Tech