Here’s what happened this week: Red Solo Cup display, Men’s soccer beats UConn, first Bandersnatch concert

Here is a round-up of the top stories published in The Daily Orange this week:

NEWS

LGBT Frat

Delta Lambda Phi, Syracuse University’s first gay, bisexual and progressive male fraternity, has been approved by the Multicultural Greek Council for colony status on the SU campus. Click here.

Harassment Policy

Student Association passed a resolution last week supporting changes to how SU defines harassment in relation to computing and electronics. SU professors and experts said the current definition could hinder free speech. Click here.

Red Solo Cup

Art installations made of red Solo Cups appeared around the SU campus this week. The purpose of the installation is to raise awareness about both the party culture at SU and the fact that the cups are not recyclable. Click here.

SPORTS

Long way to go

Even though Syracuse lost to then-No. 1 Florida, 38-20, its freshman class showed that it has the tools to compete for the Orange in the second half of the season. Click here.
Midway points
Daily Orange football beat writers assess SU after the first six games of the year with positional breakdowns and grades, and look ahead to the final stretch of the year. Click here.
Connect Four
Syracuse men’s soccer traveled to Storrs, Connecticut, and beat the Huskies 4-0 thanks to three goals in a 10-minute stretch in the second half. Click here.
Waking up
While the Orange’s offense has sputtered and shifted throughout the season, its defense — most recently led by the defensive line — has been much more steady. Click here.
FEATURES

MakerSpace

Syracuse University’s MakerSpace in Kimmel Hall offers students the chance to use cutting-edge technology such as 3D printers and zSpace virtual reality simulators. Students are free to use the new space for projects or just for fun. Click here.

Bandersnatch

Tuesday marked the semester’s first Bandersnatch Concert Series presented by University Union. Electronic dance music artist Trippy Turtle and rapper GoldLink co-headlined the concert in the Schine Underground. Click here.

Student Managers

The Syracuse football team has 10 student managers. On top of their classes these student managers attend practices, manage the team’s equipment and spend up to 14 hours working on game day to make sure everything runs smoothly. Click here.